rooted and established in love

Tuesday, March 27


This past week, as I studied the holy scriptures on that dusty and painful walk to the cross, I was struck raw at this:

Jesus. Perfect, loving, tender, holy Jesus, was hated. I watched as he stood alone in the courtyard of the chief of priests, standing solo. I imagine his slender frame, standing eyes wide at his beloveds, hatred and accusations hurled against him.

But the Bible speaks not of a terrified Savior in the face of the crowd. No words scrawled of the Messiah fighting back, arguing, trying desperately to convince them of his Kingship, throwing down a miracle to convince the rabid mass. No.


"But Jesus made no reply, not even to a single charge—to the great amazement of the governor." (Matt 27:14)
Why? Feebly I wonder how my Savior could stand it? The hurt, the pain, the hatred, the accusations. How? Didn't he want to PROVE himself? Or cry? For surely, I would have wanted to snap fingers and create a miracle that had them wishing they were rooting for me and not Barabas. Or more likely I would just break down in tears.

katie, said the great potter, here is the beauty of this passage...

King Jesus was fully rooted and established in the Father's love. Confident in the Father's love. Rooted from a place of approval of God, not approval of man. Life flowing from a place of freedom, not sown in soil of man's opinion.

And that is when the rawness began to bleed. How often am I dictated by the approval or opinions of man around me? Lord, rip the seams of this dysfunction, and bring me back to live out of a place of you and your love.

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives.

But blessed is the man who trust in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out is roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:5-8

So I say no, I do not want to live cursed under the approval of man.
I want to live blessed, keeping confidence in ONLY Him.

Jesus.
Sweet Jesus.
Thank you for walking this road for us.

If you want to walk the rest of these 2 weeks till Easter with us, email me and i'll send you the Lent devotions!!!

much love rooted in HIM,
Katie



1 comment :

  1. I WANT TO WALK THE WALK!!!! I'd love the Lent Devotions. Please send them. All my love, Christy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!