love wins

Monday, April 21

I love Easter, and this year was so special spending it with my family. In our house, there are traditions galore; we dyed easter eggs and had a lovely breakfast before Church. Even though all 4 of us kids are grown and out of the house, my dad still writes a scavenger hunt for us all to find out easter baskets. My mom suggested that once we hit 30 maybe we don't get an easter basket {ie: me!}, and I was quite horrified! haha! I love traditions, and i'll never be "too old" to outgrow them. My dad was so cute hiding all the clues, and then all of us "kids" in our twenties and thirties darted around the house looking for the next clue. Good times:)

That morning at church there was a song called "love wins". And as I reflected that day, I thought about how Easter is the pinnacle of love winning. Love that conquered death and sin, and covered a blanket of grace over our hearts. A love of Jesus that is so personal, so tender, so kind and warm, that stands in our place, takes away death, so that we can have life.

I owe him my all. I'm thankful that darkness doesn't win in the end, love does.

Here's to living like Love has won, because is has:) He has won.

Happy Monday friends,
love Katie
 {Kevin was over the moon about his See's egg!}

 {my sisters Easter masterpiece…a fruit salad bunny!} 

 {my sweet mom and her hilarious sisters…they have far too much fun together} 




20 comments :

  1. Your family's traditions sound awesomely fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos of your fam! Love does win and that is such a blessing to know that truth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is awesome! Love the photos, your mum's and her sisters seem like they had a ball. Just like my mum and her siblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like something out of a magazine - beautiful. that first picture is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might just be the CUTEST house I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take the most gorgeous pictures! And it looks like you had such a fun Easter. My Mom used to make us scavenger hunts too, but she won't do it anymore, and I'm so horrified. We still get Easter baskets though :-) I love all of your traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are full of so much rejoicing!! I love how fun your family looks! And that you guys are still dying eggs and going on hunts together! So much fun!!

    YES for "love wins"! What a fear-shattering statement. His love is deeper that all of our fears, hurts, or regrets. What hope we find in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day! Your mom and her sisters ARE too cute. You captured their joy and happiness so well! Happy belated Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an amazing weekend! I love close families! Your dress is lovely!

    And your pictures are always breathtaking and colorful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful photos!! Seems like you have an amazing family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun memories captured in these pictures! What joy abounds because He lives and love wins indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! I emailed you about a month+ ago - did you get it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos! i feel the warmth radiating from your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love everything about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely photos, it's clear that happiness is not missing from your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a wonderful photos :) you had a great Easter and my oppinion is that Xmas & Easter r real family days :)... since im new in blog comunity, come and stop py at me sometiems

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! Yes, here's to living like love has won!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pictures! So glad you had a wonderful Easter! I had to laugh a bit when your mom said something about stopping with Easter baskets when you hit 30..,,because my mom just told me that once the grand kids come, they will be doing the Easter egg hunt and not us "big kids" anymore. All that to say....I know how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw I just love your sweet family!! The scavenger hunt tradition is too fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!