DIY Travel Poster {aka: what to do with all your travel photos!}

Friday, April 22


I've been having so much fun filling my house with meaningful items that will inspire both Kevin and I, and create a place of beauty for us to find rest and enjoyment. Recently, there's been an empty wall space above my reading chair in the living room. I've been thinking about what to do. At first I thought i'd try a gallery wall, and got out a bunch of frames to play around with. I realized it looked too cluttered for the amount of wall space above the chair. And then I got an idea. 

About a year ago, I spotted this picture on pinterest. I immediately fell in love with it, but could not locate the source for the photo (which was frustrating!). About a month ago I was looking over some of my old pins, and fell in love with this photo all over again. I was determined to find the source, and I did! I emailed the photographer and asked to purchase his photo. He was thrilled with the idea of me hanging it in my living room, and gave me a great price. (Dane's website is here if you want to see more of his work). The photo was taken on film in Krakow, Poland, and I just adore the composition. Isn't it the perfect blend of colors and movement? 

At first I tried to frame it, but then got another idea! I wanted to give it a rustic twist, so I decided to add wooden dowels and twine to it! It was the easiest project ever!! Here's what you'll need: 

- 1 photograph (Mine is a 16x24 that I printed on Shutterfly with a coupon) 
- 2 wooden dowels (I picked up some from Michael's craft store)
- Wood Stain (I used Miniwax in Provence) 
- Twine (as long as you want it!) 
- Hot glue gun 

First, stain the dowels and let them dry. Then, use the hot glue gun and glue the dowels to the top and bottom. Then tie on the twine, and viola, you're done!! So easy!! 

I'm so happy with how it looks. It's simple, rustic, charming, and adds a little something special to our home:) Happy Friday friends! 


Mother's Day Sale

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!